Monday, February 07, 2005

hold your breath, make a wish, count to three


One of the things to which I thought I could not speak has been cleared for speaking! Which is good because not much else has been on my mind as of late other than THIS VERY THING! It’s exciting! It’s ginormous! It’s earth shattering! It’s… well, it’s not THAT amazing, but it’s almost that amazing. It’s a job interview! For a really great job. It would pay a TON. It would whisk me away. It would solve lots of this mess and have a way good chance of helping me find happy again. It’s in Seattle. It’s at a newspaper. I’d have an office and a staff and a boss and a career again. I’d have a new place to live and new people to meet and a clean slate. I’d have ocean views and open air markets and space needles and mountains. Mostly though, I’d just have the chance to be me there. Happy me.

Wowsers!

I should know by next weekend. Cross your fingers. Your toes. Braid your hair. Throw salt over your shoulder. Kiss a frog. You know the drill! I need all the help I can get!

How I want to spell Seattle: C@L

Guess who just happens to live in C@L: Isaac Brock! HECK YES. All the Modest Mouse you can see for the low low price of $8.95!

In prep for the trip there for the final interview and GOD WILLING the job offer, I went shopping with a friend to find an outfit that would be fitting of the SAVE MY ASS salary and swank corner office - - found one! It’s pin stripe pants and black jackets with white piping and hot pink shirts. It’s high heels and pig tails and enough of me where I can smile in it. Girls, listen up, if you didn’t already know this, what I’m about to say could change your life: pinstripes are WAY flattering. Seriously, we should start a movement were pinstripes are on EVERYTHING. Jammies. Sweatpants. Blue jeans. They’re magic I tell you, magic.

AND I may need that special magic given the sad fact that anxiety is the one emotion that still makes me seek out things like cheese puffs and junior mints and tootsie rolls. I’m officially anxious about this job and the thousand other things swirling around me. It has to do with nervous energy. Fidgeting. Being unable to sit still. Chewing is apparently a way to keep busy! This led to some ideas. The “best” of which being really really hard taffy that would take hours to eat. D and I thought we’d call it “Taffy To Gnaw On For Anxious Girls” or TTGOFA for short! It would come in all sorts of flavors. Strawberry. Banana. Spring Roll. Chocolate milk. Nacho cheese. One wee piece would keep your mouth busy for about an hour. Added bonus: Dentists would also probably really like TTGOFA given it’s filling removal possibilities. So as you can see, it’s really win win for everyone. Us for selling it. Girls for munching on it. Dentists for repairing the damage. Ahhh, synchronicity!

Driver’s License Weight Goal Update: half a pound away! HECK YES.

How I will most likely celebrate reaching the above goal: going out to dinner! That makes sense in the same way skim mochas with whip cream make sense. Which is to say it makes very little sense at all.

Here is my new favorite thing: Illustration Friday. Thanks to :A: for showing it to me! Armed with my digital camera, a shoebox full of markers and 12 hour days at a coffee shop I just might be a force to be reckoned with by next Friday!

3 comments:

Jason said...

Pinstripes and pigtails.

I mean seriously, how cool are you?

J.

Me.Myself.I said...

She is the COOLEST!

I think that this is the BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK. Officially. Because I have the power to designate something as such.

Lisa Armsweat said...

I agree, this is really great news! Good luck, best wishes and everything else! And you are soooo right about the pinstripes.