Saturday, February 12, 2005

come on down!


I’m going to Seattle!!

Aaaaaaah!

I made it through round three! It was a piece of cake! My would-be boss LOVES ME. He said my answers were “eloquent” and “intelligent” and “well-thought out!” He mixed in a few “we must think alike”s and “I completely agree with your approach to that”s. He laughed at my jokes. I laughed at his jokes. He ended by saying: wanna come to Seattle? And I ended by saying: HECK YES!

I leave on Thursday!

Today’s theme song: Daybreak by the one and only Barry Manilow!

What Barry Manilow fans are called: Fanilows!

Am I one: YOU BET!

I watched movies and ate pizza with P (pee!) last night! It was a night of high-flying karate kicks and hilarity. Feeling the need for a movie about girls who KICK ASS, I netflixed Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Movie. HI-YA! Take that creepy looking and bad toothed vampires! Oh yeah, and then lemme finish you off with this sharpened fret board to the heart! Kick! Kick! Stab! Then it was on to Anchorman, quite possibly one of the funniest movies EVER MADE. “I just pooped a Cornish game hen.” Seriously, if you didn’t just laugh when you read that, you should check your pulse! Pooping + Cornish game hens = Comic genius! It’s true!

There are more than a few deals swirling around to sell the store. THANK GOD. Apparently, nearly free coffee shops are in high demand! Closing the store for the swank job would create a whole new pile o’ problems to sort out. It would probably involve court dates and public floggings and running around like a headless chicken and the actual invention of taffy for anxious girls, if just for my own use. I feel like my life is a high stakes game of Plinko where I’ve simultaneously let go of all my plastic discs and am watching, with baited breath, to see which ones land where. So far, it’s looking good. So far, Bob Barker hasn’t rested his hand on my ass. So far, my name tag is still sticking to my t-shirt.

Plink. Plink. Plunk. Plop. Petunia pansy painting pwa pwa pwa. Pick me, pick me! Plip plastered punk rock. Penguin paradigm. Pair of dimes! Postulate posture stand up straight. Personality crisis criss cross. Point part purl pester plain partner. “Prima ballerina on a spring afternoon.” Porcupine possum pond, frogs jumping in. Pressue pulse pupils. Deep breath, deep breath. Pleased.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're going to C@L! *does a little jig at computer desk* that's awesome - i'm happy for you!

Me.Myself.I said...

I am super-excited.

Did any robots appear last night?

heatherfeather said...

wow! happy C@Ling!

congrats on the new job, and the move... i move enough to still think it's fun to go to new places (but not to like packing or unpacking)

Jay said...

Trading the cold for rain. And I'm sure you couldn't be happier! Way to go H.F.!