Thursday, January 06, 2005

wait, wait, don't kill your television JUST yet



Today, I was nearly catapulted to stardom. I would have been offered book deals. People woulda been contacting me for production rights. Big people, people like Oprah and Drew Barrymore. I would have received a really sweet e-mail from Isaac Brock saying something like "Saw you on TV and read your pollyblog and sure, I'll be your boyfriend. Do I have to work at the coffee shop?"

But I said no. I had to. I can't be interviewed for the local NBC affiliate story on Pollyblogging. No. I can't. I mention the sex, the drugs, the rock and roll in my pollyblog and all my lovely customers and M's awesome nephews and niece don't need to be reading that kind of stuff about the girl who makes them glitter paintings and knits them scarves or makes their morning latte.

But not wanting to let the opportunity go to waste, I offered to interview the interviewer instead. Gleam insight into this blogging phenomena from a pro who has researched it, who has a sense of humor and sports a nice smile. So without further ado, here are my questions and her answers to better understand this weird cyber world we live in.

Interviewee: Jana, Kare-11 News. An ACTUAL reporter. She does not just play one on tv.

1. Do you have a blog (excuse me, I had something in my throat...)?
Nope... I just learned what they are.

2. On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being DORKY and 10 being UBER DORKY, where do you think most bloggers fall?
I'm a 10... so you all might be off the map.

3. Who's blog did you like the bestest?
Yours... of course I say that to all the girls.

4. Aren't girls better writers than boys?
Girls are better everythings (yes it's a word) than boys. Duh.

5. Of all the blogs (excuse me, I had something in my throat...) that you looked at, how many were Hot Diggity Blogs... if you know what I'm saying *wink wink* ?
Again, clearly, only your blog was diggity in my schmiggity.

6. Do you believe in love at first read?
Oh yeah.

7. What did you have for breakfast? What do you wish you had for breakfast?
Coffee. Sleep.

8. On your keyboard at work, which letter is the closest to being rubbed off due to heavy usage?
The ? key.

9. What's it like always having to look pretty and stuff when you leave the house?
I wouldn't know... I was going to ask you the same question.

10. On average, how many times do you slip and fall during a winter?
Before moving here, never... since moving here you'd think by seeing me I were a battered woman.

No comments: