Monday, January 31, 2005

hurry, hurry, here comes my stop



The Replacements are on. Bar band crack. It makes me want a beer. Makes me want to have my ears ring. Makes me want to smell like smoke and deep fried food. Makes me wish I was here and 21 during their Minneapolis heyday. Kiss Me On The Bus is playing. “Your tongue, your transfer, your hand, your answer.” I’ll kiss you, Paul. I’ll kiss you.

I glitter painted! Here are the results.

This one isn’t done yet – I have to get a marker to draw in some cute bunny faces! So until then, please pretend there are cute drawn in bunny faces where there are just empty circles in hoods right now!

Bunnies In Spaaaaaaaaace!, 2005, acrylic, glue, glitter and (coming soon) marker on itty bitty canvas board.


6th Grade Saturday Night, 2005, acrylic, glue and, of course, glitter!


That one is my new favorite. I have much pride inside me when I look upon it.

This one, however, kinda sucks!

Hummingbird, 2005, you know the drill.


Glitter paintings don't fotograph so good! SADNESS!

I figured out that to make the $20,000 we need to straighten out this mess, I need to make 1,333 glitter paintings – AND – I need to sell them ALL. Suuuuure. This’ll work. YET, I keep doing it so that I feel like I’m doing something.

SIGH!

And even though I just said I don't think it will work, a part of me thinks it WILL work!

Have I gone MAD?

Maybe Marlo Thomas or Isaac Brock will offer to buy just one glitter painting for $20,000. The roller skate one, of course! Then I could get on the horn and call all the people we owe money to and gleefully inform them that the check is, indeed, in the mail and this time I’m not lying! I would cease walking and only skip from that day forward. I would be entrenched in perma-smile. I would spend the rest of the afternoon doing good deeds and rescuing kittens. It would be a fine fine day.

I talked to M’s sister last night. She is sad and disappointed in M. Doesn’t know what to do. Doesn’t know what to say. Me neither. It’s such a mess. I’m so in the middle of it. It seems dream like. Disbelief. Doubt. Disdain. Disclaimers. Broken doors. Dirty dishes. Dank apple green rooms. Dust. Drunk. Disco. Don’t do this. Do that. Deaf. Distant. Dischord. Done. I throw my hands up.

What I just overheard some guy say: “you can’t tell the mouse.”

What I now think he does for a living: spy.

Before I heard him say that: mortgage consultant.

5 comments:

Lisa Armsweat said...

Your glitter paintings are really cool! I like the Hummingbird one. I hope your financial troubles soon float away like scrambled eggs chunks being carried away by protein hungry, quiet breakfast gnomes. Thanks for complimenting me on my blahg. Hope you have a good week! Keep glitterpainting. :)

Cassandra Kinaviaq Rae said...

Can I buy Twiggy? I really dig the whole "psuedo abstract - it's more about color" thing. It's kinda Georgia O'Keefe style in the sense that it's abstract but recognizable. I like that. Glitter more and post often.

Jason said...

How much for the artist?

j.

Me.Myself.I said...

Bunnies in Space is awesome!!! You have got to let us know when you are selling some of these.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a how the clarinet makes sound
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is how the clarinet makes sound