Friday, August 20, 2004

wanna be my friend? eat artichoke dip with me.

Yesterday was a fun day! Hooray for fun days!!

I finally met A! We had artichoke dip at Pizza Luce. GOD, I love that stuff. We also had lots of good conversation. She’s super funny and has this cute little way of storytelling that is quite charming. She’s a new girl here. She moved here for grad school and is in the throws of all the awkward awe that is moving to a new city. I was having sympathy pains as I relived my own geeky misadventures of trying to fit in here. And trying to make new friends. And the crazy loneliness that often times went along with it. I’m glad we hooked up.

I think that I started something I will regret in the very near future. I started painting the bedroom. It’s not a regular bedroom. It’s a bedroom that had previously been the boudoir of a very persnickety gay man who was obsessed with molding. There is molding EVERYWHERE! He did this design to make it look like the walls were paneled, all French Revolution style. Which looks kinda cool, but is shaping up to be a huge pain to paint! I suspect that this project could take me up to a decade to finish.

M and I hung out last night, too. A near perfect end to a pretty perfect day. He claims that I hatched an evil plan that consisted of having him upstairs to “look at the paint job” and culminated in my ninja like ability to kiss his ear without him ever even knowing what happened. Which in turn drives him MAD. Apparently, I’m some kind of evil genius. Yezzzzzz.

We capped off the night at King and I, bothering J-boy, drinking foo-foo drinks and munching on more golden fried things all the while listening to loud, throbbing techno music. I had some crazy vodka infusion that had eerie lime green vapors rising from it when held up to the light just right. It knocked me on my ass! I was drunk after like two sips! DANG. We chatted about journals and music and customers and I pretended to walk like I was a gang member in West Side Story. It was fun.

Time to make the sandwiches.

No comments: