Tuesday, August 17, 2004

just call me minnie purl

little stack of books
where your alarm clock had been
kind of a nice change

---------

Those who know me can attest that my life has been more like a thunderstorm lately than, say, a field of wildflowers swaying in a gentle wind. Yesterday was all about the storm. The rain. The hail. The loud crashes of thunder that make you jump. The very best thing about yesterday is that it was yesterday.

The good news - I'm learning how to knit more better! Thanks to E and S! At about 9:45 p.m. last evening, I successfully did my first purl stitch ever! Prior to that, I could only do the knit stitch. BUT OH, could I do it well! Perfect little inch worm like rows of perfectly tensioned stitches. When you can only do one type of stitch and you've made your fair share of lengthy scarves, you can't HELP but to be good at it. But now with the purl stitch in my arsenal - watch out! I can make ribbed scarves now! If I ever learn how to make a pair of mittens, I'll be DANGEROUS!

IKEA and I made up on Sunday. I don't like going there, which surprises the poo out of me, because I had fully planned on moving in and living there all stealth like off left-over meatball gravy and squatting in one of the many model homes... but after my first trip and the near seizure that accompanied it, I've kinda stayed away. That is until last Sunday, when I forgave IKEA for trying to kill me. What made us friends again? A combination of my credit card still having money on it and them having some cheap bedding so that in an afternoon my room was mine again. Now I get to sleep in a fluffy cloud of soft green and baby blue puffiness dimly lit by the coolest retro plastic green lamp you can buy for under $20. Ahhhh. Happy.

I think I'm doing alright on this whole patience thing. M is probably the better person to ask! I'm slowly starting to see the benefits of letting things unfold at their own pace. And the conversations that we are moving slowly along are surely more meaningful at this pace and surely more real. Who knew.

I think I'm gonna go daydream about swing sets now.

No comments: