Sunday, August 15, 2004

me = young grasshopper

open my mouth and
words pour out like glass marbles
you take what you can

--------------

I worked at the Pizza Luce Block Party yesterday. Saw the Soviettes and immediately added them to my ever growing list of things I like. What is it about yelling punk rock girls that is so fucking AWESOME?!? Especially ones wearing pink shirts! It’s some kind of careful mix of boy-like energy tempered with explosive and unapologetic girlieness that makes me smile every time. Or perhaps it’s as simple as seeing the secret day dream me from high school yelling into a microphone on stage. Whatever it is, it was super fun to see.

Was supposed to go see Happy Apple after, but plans got rearranged and instead we wound up doing things that would probably be considered naughty by most anyone who knew about them.

Today, M and I worked at the shop. He’s helping out with the magazine now too and we worked on some ads and layout. I love working on this stuff again. HELLO WORK INDUCED PERSONAL FULFILLMENT. I have missed you! It’s so amazingly nice and welcomed to care about what I do again.

A few bumps in the morning, but nothing major, I guess. Started a conversation that I can’t believe I am patient enough to let unfold over days instead of pulling it along unnaturally in a matter of hours. Patience is a theme of mine lately. Seems like the whole universe is yelling that at me and I guess I better take notice. So this is day one of my taking notice. Wish me luck.

The rest of the afternoon is pretty much mine to do with as I please. I see some junk store browsing with E in my future. And some artichoke dip. This evening will be full of icky coffee shop stuff and doing the stoopid store bank deposit. I hate the smell of money.

No comments: