Friday, November 12, 2004

ice cream day dreams



I saw some sun today. Just a peek of it. But it was honest to goodness sunshine. Warm on my face and making my hair glow auburn. Not sure why it showed itself today. It wasn’t a good day. Today was mostly overcast and taxing. But then there was this sun. It could have been the support of my friends. It could have been the notion that maybe I’m stronger than all this. It might have been the idea that there is better out there finally sinking in. Maybe it was all three. But there was sun. And I saw it. And it made everything seem alright for a little while.

Here is something important: I need to write more poMs.

in the sun, he twirled
facing me with his wide smile
a million colors

seeing her, she is
pretty and not all at once
complicated face

i’m ice cream day dreams
superhero banana
never know what you’ll get

The good. Let’s talk about the good! L is good. She came and she mopped and she hugged and she ran errands but what she really did was prop me up a little, and I needed that. Losing weight is good! I am so close to reaching my baby step goal that I can taste it AND it doesn’t taste like a wheelbarrow of Nutter-Butters and a remote control! Hope is good! Maybe a job for me that I would be happy to do at a place where I would be happy to do it. Optimism is good! A belief that things will, of course, be ok is swirling around me now like I’m Snow White and it’s a dozen blue birds. Favorite things are good! Chocolaty chocolate cake that is the color of dark roasted coffee and shared with friends. The fluffy soft green puff cloud that is my bed. Shiny new mary janes. My mom. My friends. My potential. Cowgirl shirts. Chap Stick. How my head is full of good good things. How my heart is so big you can hear it beating from a block away.

Here is something that I wondered today: are we all connected with invisible string?

Here is something that I know for sure: we are all connected though something.

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

Did you know you can do this forever, sweetie? I mean, literally, forever? And you can get so addicted to the highs and lows and hope and drama of it all that you make yourself unfit for any other kind of relationship experience?

Any man who says, "I don't get why you even like me," needs to be listened to. He's telling you something. Listen to him. He's a toad and he knows it.

Jason said...

I heart your sun.