Wednesday, December 29, 2004

hoppy knew leer!


1. WHAT DID YOU DO IN 2004 THAT YOU'D NEVER DONE BEFORE?
I got high for the first time!

2. DID YOU KEEP YOUR NEW YEARS' RESOLUTIONS, AND WILL YOU MAKE MORE FOR NEXT YEAR?
I don’t think I made any last year. And I probably won’t make any this year. Apparently, I’m perfect and in no need of annual improvements.

3. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Nope!

4. DID ANYONE CLOSE TO YOU DIE?
Nope!

5. WHAT COUNTRIES DID YOU VISIT?
Canada. For about 5 minutes. In the rain. Funner than it sounds!

6. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IN 2005 THAT YOU LACKED IN 2004?
Love. Trust. Peace. Quiet. Calm. Some kind of predictability. Some kind of fun unpredictability.

7. WHAT DATES FROM 2004 WILL REMAIN ETCHED UPON YOUR MEMORY AND WHY?
Leap Day. May 17. December 4. Y'all know why.

8. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR?
Not running away.

9. WHAT WAS YOUR BIGGEST FAILURE?
Not running away.

10. DID YOU SUFFER ILLNESS OR INJURY?
I didn’t. But my gallbladder had a rough couple of months.

11. WHAT WAS THE BEST THING YOU BOUGHT?
New jeans in a size that finally started with a 1 instead of a 2! WOO HOO!

12. WHOSE BEHAVIOUR MERITED CELEBRATION?
Jason for being some kind of sad girl saving super hero. Christa for giving me some of the best advice I’ve ever gotten nearly every time she opened her mouth. Irene for being there without question when I needed her. Lisa for being so sweet and smart and insightful. My mom for being a shoulder to cry on. Holly and Bean for being so fucking funny and keeping it light and simple. Amy for being so funny and nice and brand new.

13. WHOSE BEHAVIOUR MADE YOU APPALLED AND DEPRESSED?
Mike.

14. WHERE DID MOST OF YOUR MONEY GO?
Bills, bills and more bills.

15. WHAT DID YOU GET REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT?
New friends! Pollyblogging! New pollyblog friends!

16. WHAT SONG WILL ALWAYS REMIND YOU OF 2004?
Float On by Modest Mouse. That was my happy song this summer!

17. COMPARED TO THIS TIME LAST YEAR ARE YOU:
a) Happier or sadder? It’s a toss up.
b) Thinner or fatter? Thinner, baby.
c) Richer or poorer? Way way way poorer.

18. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE MORE OF?
Laughing.

19. WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU'D DONE LESS OF?
Weeping.

20. HOW WILL YOU BE SPENDING CHRISTMAS?
Amazingly enough, with Mike’s family. Opening presents and eating too much.

21. DID YOU FALL IN LOVE IN 2004?
Nope.

22. HOW MANY ONE-NIGHT STANDS?
None.

23. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE TV PROGRAM?
The Housewives of Desperation, hell yeah!

24. DO YOU HATE ANYONE NOW THAT YOU DIDN'T HATE LAST YEAR?
I dunno about hate. I definitely dislike some people that I didn’t dislike this time last year.

25. WHAT WAS THE BEST BOOK YOU READ?
Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut.

26. WHAT WAS YOUR GREATEST MUSICAL DISCOVERY?
The Hold Steady and that seeing local music in bars is FUN!

27. WHAT DID YOU WANT AND GET?
The year ending better than expected.

28. WHAT DID YOU WANT AND NOT GET?
To be loved by a boy in a way that makes me feel crazy amounts of special.

29. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE FILM OF THE YEAR?
Napoleon Dynamite or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

30. WHAT DID YOU DO ON YOUR BIRTHDAY, AND HOW OLD WERE YOU?
I turned 33 and all I remember is that I got a sewing machine.

31. WHAT ONE THING WOULD HAVE MADE YOUR YEAR IMMEASURABLY MORE SATISFYING?
The ability to fly.

32. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL FASHION CONCEPT IN 2004?
Aging hipster.

33. WHAT KEPT YOU SANE?
My friends! GOD, I love you guys.

34. WHICH CELEBRITY/PUBLIC FIGURE DID YOU FANCY THE MOST?
Isaac Brock. We’re gonna be married one day!

<-- my boyfriend!

35. WHAT POLITICAL ISSUE STIRRED YOU THE MOST?
The gay marriage debate – can’t we all just get along?

36. WHO DID YOU MISS?
Mike, he was here the whole time, but I missed the him I had known and loved for so many years.

37. WHO WAS THE BEST NEW PERSON YOU MET?
Jason and Amy. It’s a tie. They are both super cool and great friends.

38. TELL US A VALUABLE LIFE LESSON YOU LEARNED IN 2004:
Look out for yourself, because no one else is.

39. QUOTE A SONG LYRIC THAT SUMS UP YOUR YEAR.
Bad news comes don't you worry even when it lands
Good news will work its way to all them plans

Your turn!!

3 comments:

Canopenner said...

Who the hell is Isaac Brook?

hmmf...never heard of him.

Also, this was the first time I ever got high too! I SWEAR OFFICER! Cough Cough.

hee hee.

Jay said...

I wonder HG, would it be too much to ask of a picture of you sporting your super cute pigtails? I dearly hope not.

Nothing major happened to me, unless you want to count getting divorced. Yeah, that's probably something worth noting.

Anonymous said...

i lost my gall bladder in 2004 and am looking forward to calm in 2005. have a great New Year!