Sunday, March 26, 2006

spring is white and fluffy


Lesson of the week: Egg replacer is like magic.

Boo is vegan and into metal. She also bakes cupcakes. Jessica and I got in on the action Tuesday night and low and behold if the cupcakes weren’t as tasty and softer than regular cupcakes. If softness is a criteria for your cupcake enjoyment, I highly recommend giving egg replacer a try. It comes in a box and for $1.49 you have enough egg replacer to last a lifetime even if you have some weird longevity gene. It’s an amazing value.

Cupcake Quote Of The Week: “I wonder if you could bake a really big cupcake. Oh wait, that would just be a cake.” I said that and sadly, I wasn’t even drunk.

Saw a rock n’ roll show. Saw The Boy On Whom I Have A Crush at that rock n’ roll show. We stood by each other and yelled things over the music. Drank beer and smiled a whole lot. I blushed a couple of times. Said a couple of silly things. Had an impure thought or two while yelling into his ear. I wish I had sang a Barry Manilow song when he prompted me to sing a little something for him. I woulda picked “Can’t Smile Without You” or maybe something we coulda disco’d to like “Copa Cabana.” I would have called him Tony the rest of the night and bought him a drink with an umbrella in it. This is my favorite. The happy that comes with potential. Even if the potential is just for another Wednesday night. Giggly and smiling on the bus. A reminder that happy is perennial. Just like the grass.

My favorite thing about this boy so far: his smile.

I’m moving in less than 7 days. My apartment is a sea of boxes and my cat is nervous. The new place is lovely. Full of windows and charming. It’s in Queen Anne and handy to everything. Right now, my current place, only handy for 3am drug runs and not much else. Oh wait, handy for getting mugged. And for throbbing techno beats. There are plenty of those around. But soon there will be squirrels and morning walks and pleasant smells instead. I’m going to get a plant and maybe a fish. And I’m setting up an art space so it’s easy to paint and sew. And less easy not to. Once I’m settled in, I’ll invite y’all over for dinner.

What I’ll make: potpie. Because it’s the funniest sounding food.

I had the most wonderful email exchange with my boss. About a job in marketing that opened up and my curiosity if the new girl, meaning me, could apply. Apparently I can. And apparently, he was hoping I would. He’d still be my boss (!) and tomorrow we’re going to coffee together to talk details. It’s not even the money or the neat new title. It’s the chance to have a job where ideas are the currency because I’m rich with those. I can promote and sponsor things in my sleep. I can hang a banner with my eyes closed. If I get this, man, again - Proof! Perennial like the grass. You can’t keep the happy down. It rises to the surface like air bubbles.

Bloop bloop bloop.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh! Yay! YAY YOU! I bloop bloop bloop on your behalf.

And QA is the BEST. You'll love it there. Yay!

Unknown said...

Brooke: I can't wait to have you over for pancakes!

Jepuncretha: Poems!

Jay said...

If you're handy with a screwdriver and such, get a 'cat box' and install it on one of your windows. I don't know if you've seen them, but it's a small window that juts out from the original window so birds can perch on top and your cat can see from underneath, or just lay in the box when it's sunny... good times. And with squirrels, there are twice as many fun things to happen!

Contrary Guy said...

"oh wait, that would just be a cake"

LOL

heatherfeather said...

a cupcake, yes please.

lemon with lemony icingness.

thank you.

Anonymous said...

"You can’t keep the happy down. It rises to the surface like air bubbles." i like that ;-)

"I’m setting up an art space so it’s easy to paint and sew. And less easy not to." so needed. so true. i'm doing that too.