Sunday, December 04, 2005

granny smith


My friend Jessica and I made a trip to the Apple Store yesterday. My enterprising kitten had chewed though my docking cord ($29.99) and my iPod headphones ($39.99.) Yes. I still love her, just not as much. We walked in and DANG, it's well lit in there. Jess immediately turns to me and humorously asks how her complexion looks. Horrible, I reply. She concurred. It was operating room quality cold cold white bright light. We needed sunglasses. We needed lead vests. I was waiting to be knocked out so the "Genius" could remove my gallbladder.

But you know what. It's still better than sporting a PC. Apples have heartbeats. HEARTBEATS. Nuff said.

Confidential to UNreturnable in Seattle: HA HA.

7 comments:

Me.Myself.I said...

You are right about that place: it does resemble an operating room. Its very pristine and sterile and such.

Which iPod do you have? I still have my mini. My friend Brendan is waiting for his old iPod to die so that he can get the video iPod. So sad.

Jason said...

a dog would never eat an apple.

Contrary Guy said...

You want my iPod shuffle? I never use it.

on second thought, it was a gift, so I can't dump it just yet...

heatherfeather said...

apple stores remind me of a sci-fi movie. and i have trouble with two-story apple stores with lucite floors because i'm afraid i'll fall through them to the ground below.

Jay said...

Owning an Apple is like finding out my 59-year-old father cross-dresses. I'll take my sleek, awesome-sauce PC thank you. :)
Although I would give up my hautiness if I could afford an iPod. It's hard to knock those, expecially the minis.

Rusty said...

I've got one foot in each camp. Proud owner of a few pretty slick PCs, but also owner of Ipod. I like both, and I'm learning that it's ok to like both. It's not either/or anymore. Ipods run just as well on PC platforms as they do on PCs.

Sorry about your kitten's dietary choices. Stop spreading catnip on the cords. That should help.

Anonymous said...

for the love of GOD...
update.
your.
blog.