Monday, October 17, 2005

i have to concentrate when we kiss


Two beers to his sixteen, The Hold Steady played last night. I want some story. Something about a boy with glasses and perhaps a drunken kiss or two. Something about a cat fight or maybe a conversation that continued to kick around my head for the whole set. I’d like to say I met the band, man. That they pointed me out as the sweetie for the bouncer to give the back stage pass to, but awww, they don’t do that kind of thing. Instead I was the girl three people back and center stage. I got my hand held. I got my smile returned and Tad the gee-tarist called me “honey.” So I guess I can’t complain.

Oh. To be 33 forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am 33 forever.

Sam said...

Honey. I'm the same way with "Sammy" from a woman's lips. I will make the worst choices for a woman that calls me Sammy the right way.